Wednesday 11 May 2011

Feeling Like I'm Falling Apart

Lately I've been feeling like I'm falling apart.  I go to bed and all I can do for about a half hour is cry.  Then my sleep is rather fitful and I almost never have a good rest.  It's like sleep is when you charge a battery (me), and you can never get the bettery quite as charged up as it was the previous time you charged it.  It's also really hard to see my dad.  He moved to the hospic house where they can give him better attention than we can at home.  But it's awful.  How many girls know what it's like to see your dad, who hardly gets sick EVER, start complaining about a bit of pain in his side that's been keeping him from sleeping?  Then after a week or two he goes to the doctor who tells him he has cancer and it's pretty big?  How many girls then watch how fast their father deteriorates?  In a month, my dad went from looking normal with just the pain, to having to lie down all the time and having yellow skin and yellow eye whites because his liver isn't working right.  Just please pray for me.  Please pray that the chemo works and they can find some way to slow the cans=cer down, other wise my dad could die by the end of June.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Theresa (I love that name! =),
    I am so sorry for all that you're going through! I can't imagine the pain. I'll be praying for you, your dad, and the rest of your family and those involved. I wish there were better words of comfort I could offer, but I know words don't do much.
    Consider yourself hugged, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I consider myself hugged! Saying that you're praying really means a lot to me. Sometimes I can't feel the pain, then it hits full force. Those are the hardest moments I think.

    ReplyDelete