Sunday 20 March 2011

Story anyone?

Here's a small part of a story I've been writing.

Dear Diary,
This afternoon I was riding the bus on my way to my dad's work office to bring him lunch. In the sea across from me, an enormously overweight man with dark bushy eyebrows was talking into a little blue cell phone. He had a deep, husky voice. "Yes, of course. I have it right here with me... Er, not exactly. I'll bring them tonight... Sounds good... I love you too, Grandma," Then the big man looked at me, and I realized I had been staring at him. He hung up on his grandma, and glared at me. "What are you looking at, kid?" he growled. On a sudden impulse, it seemed, he patted his pockets and looked around him. "Where... ? You! Give me back my cookies!!!"  Of course, I recognized the man's code.  Now I just had to do my part and get us both kicked off the bus.
“Idiot,” I snarled at him, “Do you really think I’d be so stupid as to swipe cookies off of the likes of you?  They’d probably be contaminated with your filth!”  The man did smell bad, Diary, he really did.  Okay, this is gonna get annoying, having to write as if I'm talking to you, so I'm just gonna write it as a story from now on.  Hope you don't mind Diary.... Anyways....  Then the guy growled at me and made as if to attack me.  Of course, knowing this was coming, I was prepared.  The bus driver had pulled over and was trying to stop the guy.  Unfortunately for the driver, it was too late.  The greasy stranger had already thrown a punch at me.  I removed a small packet from my pocket as his fist collided gently with my nose.  My own hands flew up and squeezed the small packet.  It burst, sending red liquid everywhere, just like a bloody nose.  I screamed and let loose the fury of my fists on him.  I was pulled off him and I fought my new enemies as the stranger was pulled off the bus.  I struggled and lunged for the bus door, just making it out as the others grasped for me again.  It was pretty fun Diary, and I had a hard time looking angry during this.
I now ran after the nasty man and disappeared around the corner.  There was the guy, removing his wig and replacing his tattered coat with a clean, whole one.  He had also removed the padding that is most commonly used for the guys who play Santa in malls.  Now, the guy turned to me.
“Did you get it?” he asked. 
I nodded.  “It was right where it was supposed to be.”
“Good.  Now let’s get going. We can’t stick around here much longer.  That stunt we had to pull blew our cover.”
Ok,” I replied, “I’ll just call my... ahem.... *friend* and have him pick us up out of town.”
We started walking out of town.  
“You know, I’ve never met this friend of yours, how do you know he or she will keep the secret?”
I glared at him. “You should know by now to trust me in this.  My friend is perfectly trustworthy, he’ll keep the secret, which I’ve hidden in my coat pocket.”
The guy shrugged.  Then he glanced to his right.  “Hey Sara, you sure this is the right way?  It seems we just entered Suburban-Land.”
“Relax Jake.  I know what I’m doing.”
“You sure?  You know what happened in Ohio...”
I whipped around to him.  “So I took a wrong turn there that nearly got us killed.  You don’t have to keep bringing it up!  And this town is practically next door to my hometown.  I.  Known.  Where.  I’m.  Going.”  I whirled back around and marched down the street, causing Jake to have to jog to catch up.  Soon Suburban-Land ended abruptly and acres upon acres of land stretched out before us.  We wandered in an aimless fashion over the field to a bushy area.  I let out a shrill whistle.  Jake covered his ears.
“Ow!  How many times do I have to ask you to warn me before you do that?!”
I ignored him as I scanned the sky.  A large bird shape soon hovered above the bushes.  Suddenly, It dove right at us, growing larger than any normal bird of prey.  The bushes were just big enough to cover the grandeur of the beast.  I turned to Jake.
“Meet Klypton, the friend I told you about.”

3 comments:

  1. okies first of all..LOVE the new layout!
    and second of all love (yes i *did* actually read it lol) the story~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm still trying to get the latout all nice (as in all the links are a certain colour, lol). I didn't write *quite* all of that story section, everything after ' "Where... ? You! Give me back my cookies!!!" ' is mine. This was the first part of my entry for a finish-the-story contest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. collio! yeah, layouts r tricky!

    ReplyDelete