Saturday 2 April 2011

Hello Neglected Blog

Sorry dear blog, I've been busy, lol.

Well, I've decided that Saturdays will be "Saturday Stories".  Here is the continuation of the story I posted a bit of... two weeks ago.

Jake was a sight to behold.  His mouth hung slack, his eyes grew huge and his legs appeared as if they could give way at any moment.  He opened and closed his mouth as if trying to speak.  No sound was emitted.  He licked his lips and tried again.
“Sara!  You never told me your friend was a dragon!”
I grinned at him as I scrambled aboard Klypton’s scaly back.
“You coming?”
“Of course!  I mean, if Klypton doesn’t mind of course.”
I felt a tickle in my thoughts and repeated the dragon’s message to Jake.
“He says he would gladly carry you if you are indeed the one who has helped his dear friend Sara in her quest.”
Jake carefully climbed up behind me.  “What exactly was your quest?  I know you were collecting a special something, but you never told me what it was.  All I ever saw of it was round hard stones.”
“Jake.  Those so called stones WERE my quest!  They were dragon eggs!  They are rock hard at first and come in beautiful colours.  Thus, they were mistakenly part of rare stone collections.  My job was to get them back to their, and my, place of origin; Charissta.”  I told Klypton we were ready and he took off, beating the air with his wings until we looked no bigger than a sparrow from the ground.  I could almost feel Jake’s confusion as he sat behind me.
“are you saying that you’re from Charissta, your made-up country?  The one you even know the constitution for?  You’re crazy!”
“I may be crazy, but at least I’m sane.” I then told him with a smile.  Of course, he couldn’t see the smile because he was behind me.
“You are so weird.”
I laughed.  “Thank you."
"Now would you be so kind as to explain all this?"
"Certainly.  I'm not actually a distant cousin of your mother's father's cousin's sister's great nephew's cousin, thank goodness.  That was just an easy way to get people confused and to get them to quit asking me who I was."
"You're telling me!" Jake cut in, "That took me five minutes to try to get it straight the first time I heard you say it, and then I just gave up cause it was too confusing!"
"Right, now on with my tale.  Back in Charissta, I was given the task of finding and obtaining seventeen dragon eggs that were stolen from my world.  Thanks to your wonderful help, I've now completed the quest and am going to send the eggs back to their rightful home.  Now I'm going to drop a bombshell on you, Jake.  You are not from Earth either.  You were swiped off Charissta when you were but eleven months old and transplanted into the adoption systems here on Earth."
"What on earth are you talking about?  I'm adopted, but that doesn't mean you can go around making up stories about my origin!"
"It's not stories Jake!  I'm telling the truth!  Now hang on, this is gonna get a little wild."  I asked Klypton to surge up as high and as fast as he could, then, when we were as high as we could go without passing out from lack of air, we dove nearly straight down.  The wind whistled by our ears as we hung on for dear life.  Just as Klypton would have hit the ground, we entered a special portalway that wouldn't open unless you were riding a diving dragon.  Blue sparks seemed to eat away at us while the air clung to our skin as if charged with static electricity mixed with half-set pudding.  All feeling faded away then came rushing back.  We were through.  Klypton settled down in a clearing filled with green grass.  Jake slid off and walked towards a stump in the middle of the clearing.  I followed him, not sure what he was doing.
"I remember this." he said softly.  "I was surrounded by talking animals and pushed through a portalway."  He turned around to me, clearly exited now.  "Sara!  I remember!  I WAS from Charissta!  I was!  This is so cool!"  He turned around and stared at the surrounding land.  I knelt down and bowed my head.
"What do you say we do now, Prince?"
Jake was startled and faced me again.  "What are you talking about Sara?  Or who are you talking to?  And why are you on your knees?"
"Do you not remember?  You're the Prince of what citizens of Charissta call the 'Unknown Lands', more commonly known to you as Lathlialta.  You're destined to become High King."
"You're joking."
I rose to my feet and faced him.  "I most certainly am not!  You are the high king!  I need to get back to Charissta and return the eggs.  Would you like to accompany the Princess Sara back to her homeland?"
Jake raised an eyebrow.  "You, a princess.  That'll be the day."
“Shut up.  It’s true.  And like you, I didn’t know for most of my life.”
Jake turned back to the surrounding flora.  “I think there’s...” His voice trailed off and he surged forward through the underbrush.
“Jake?  Jake!  Where are you going?”  I tripped over branches that lashed out at me in his wake.  I scrambled to my feet and followed him again.


To be continued....
Buwahhaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment