Tuesday 26 April 2011

Parades of People and Tiny Islands

*sigh*

Today there has been a parade of people comeing to my house.  Okay, maybe not enough to be a parade.  First off, Mr. &Mrs. S come over to visit.  It seems that no sooner do they leave than my aunt comes over!  I don't really like how all of a sudden my house is so interesting to everyone and they come over so often.

Now for the fun part.

I went on a ferry!!  lol, that sounds really childish!  Well, first off, my cousin invited me to a youth retreat at her Bible collage.  So I say 'yes' and I'm whisked off on a little adventure!

First item on my agenda: pack. 
Toiletries- check.
Jammies- check.
another pair of jeans- check.
capris that I never wear- check.
Undies and socks- check.
a couple tank tops- check.
and so the list goes on.  At the last minute I remember my camera, glasses case, and lip balm.  Then my aunt and uncle come with one of their three daughters and we drive and drive and drive for HOURS.  We make it in time to get on the BIG ferry (big as in, it has several parking decks, several passenger decks, and you can go on top if the weather is nice.  The ferry trip also takes two hours).  On the ferry, my cuz, A, and I played cards (Go Fish with three decks and Speed if you want to know) and walked around n the top most deck.  We leaned into the wind at the front with our whole weight and were pushed abck against a lump of metal that I suppose had another purpose besides being there to keep us from flying backwards down the ship.  When we got tired of the wind we went back down and I think we played more cards.  After the ferry, we drove a short distance to a hotel where we would spend the night.  A's sister, B, came over from a nearby island and spent the night with us.  We went swimming in the hotel pool for about ten minutes.  Then we went back to our room and went to bed.  In the morning B went back to her little island and A and I went for a walk.  We saw a sign that told us to be wary of flying golf balls.  Then at about 12:00, I think, we went down to a teeny ferry that would take us the rest of the way to the retreat on B's island.  That trip lasted 20 min and the ferry was your average 20-30 car one deck ferry.  We were the first retreaters to arrive.  We were the first retreaters to sign in.  A's other sister, J, registered us.  And thus began our crazy fun weekend.

To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment